Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Liam is stubborn.....

actually mommy is just impatient at this point. We headed back to the doctor today....Saw Dr. Kelly-Jones who is my typical OB-GYN....She reviewed everything that was done last week.
She agrees that the bed rest is doing its job. As much as I hate it, bed rest is best until Liam decides to make his arrival...so today she put me on it until he comes....whenever that may be. It's keeping my blood pressure down and keeping the risk of preeclampsia at bay for now.....It does go up dramatically with activity-even taking a shower or trying to get dressed is making it peak to abnormal levels. So stay in bed stay in bed stay in bed!!! That is hard to hear for someone who doesn't stop and is used to working hard and being active. I am also 2 cm dilated at this point and 80% effaced...that is up from 1cm and 50% last Thursday so obviously he's making his way down the way he's supposed to. She definitely agrees he's a big boy but she doesn't want to induce me if medically she can keep him growing in utero for a bit longer. I have to remember we're still 3 weeks out from our due date....while she did sort of hint that she doesn't think he'll go for the full 40 weeks she also mentioned we're just at wait and see at this point. While I was there, she also wanted to do another Non-Stress Test to see where things stood. While I was having the NST, I started showing signs of having contractions....now that I know what they feel like when she pointed them out, I realize this has been happening for a few days now.....they aren't big contractions or following any pattern yet but definitely my body showing signs of progression. The only other thing of concern was that during the NST, Liam showed signs of having an arrhythmia in his heartbeat....basically skipping a beat or two from time to time. She said today that the Ultrasound we had last week showed this as well but they don't feel like it's anything to be really concerned about-just something to keep an eye on. Of course Adam and I are freaked out but they reassured us he was fine and just to be sure we're having yet another ultrasound done tomorrow at noon. If the ultrasound shows any major changes then we'll reassess. Otherwise, we don't go back to the doctor again until NEXT Thursday.....oh my sanity! Unless of course Liam decided to make his debut in the next few days which at this point would be quite alright with me. So, there is the latest....this boy is growing like a weed and mama's body is exhausted but we're confident that God has this all in His mighty plan and we know that Liam will come when he is ready.
With love from bed rest.....M

1 comment:

  1. Amanda-
    Wow-thanks for sharing. I'm sorry I missed your call! I tried calling you when John took his shift with Jones...all in all it took us 2 hours to get the little boy down and then I crashed.
    We're continuing to pray for you and Liam. And rest, rest, rest. I know you don't like it BUT it will also give you lots more energy and strength for your labor and delivery, and all the days following. So a blessing already from the bed rest! Please continue to keep us posted.
    love,
    lauren

    ReplyDelete