Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Liam is destined to be a football player....

I'm still writing from bed rest.....I have been doing everything the doctors have told me to do. Lay down, lay down, lay down....sitting doesn't count.....We've had a few adventures over the past week....so as boring as bed rest is, at least it's been somewhat exciting at times.
On Good Friday, we started noticing that Liam wasn't moving at all really. He's normally pretty active, especially at night, right before we head to bed. We called Katie, Adam's sister and my doula, and she asked that I lay down and start doing kick counts for a bit. The goal is to have 10 movements over a 2 hour period and of course our stubborn boy had about 3. So we called the nurse at our office and she said we'd done the right thing by calling. She wanted us to head to the hospital just to get things checked out. So off we went....to the hospital for the first time since our parenting classes. I was really nervous....arriving there made everything very real....I kept thinking thinking this could be it...I could be induced tonight....it really does mess with your psyche a bit. We were checked into triage at around 730pm that night and we're gone again and sent home by 930. They hooked me up to another non-stress test, which am becoming an expert at, and checked Liam's heart. He was doing fine in his breathing,etc. so they felt like because I was showing signs of slight contractions that it was causing me not to feel any movements as well. I hadn't progressed any in my dilation or effacement so they weren't too concerned.
On Monday, we noticed my swelling in my legs/feet had returned even though I've done it all by the book and kept the elevated and stayed off my feet as I have been directed. My BP at home was reaching some funny numbers even after resting as well so we called the doc again and they bumped my appt. from Thursday to Tuesday.
We went in yesterday and met Dr. Rodgers for the first time. She agreed I was swollen again and to keep an eye on it. I had even put on 4 lbs. in just under a week which showed fluid retaining. They decided to redraw my blood work that had been done 2 weeks prior to watch for any changes. I also get the fun task of a 24 hour urine collection starting this morning and until we head back to the doctor again tomorrow. While we were in the office, they decided to go ahead and do another biophysical profile ultrasound (BPP). Liam is now measuring at 7 lbs. 14 oz. and the ultrasound tech said it looks like he's got one big baby buddha belly and short legs...we've got a chunker on our hands and I couldn't be more excited! I keep having to remind myself that technically I still have 2 1/2 weeks left so if I'm not induced before then, our little linebacker will be quite the big boy.
So, that's the update from bed rest for now.....We go to see Dr. Avery again tomorrow and we'll just see what she thinks after blood work comes back,etc.

1 comment:

  1. so glad that you and baby are healthy! i am sure that the bed rest is hard, but you can do it. it probably feels like it will be forever until you are off of it. but like everything else in life it is a season and this too shall pass. the exciting thing is at the end you will be holding your precious gift from God!! nothing will ever beat that. so spend lots of time praying and enjoy the down time! many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete