Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Friday adventures for Liam...

On Friday we headed back to the doctor to see what our next steps would be for our little monkey....
As always, he has proven he's gonna be a wonderfully stubborn child....We know this will be a strong point in his personality and are grateful for it. Because of my blood pressure suddenly being an issue, the doctor first wanted to do an ultrasound to make doubly sure that Liam was growing as he should and was having no complications.
He is already 7lbs 1 oz and his head is measuring 11cm or as the doctors put it...he's a big boy. He is actually measuring at almost 39 weeks or about 2 weeks ahead....we had a 30 min. ultrasound and although his movements were perfect they could not get him to breathe a few times while we were there because he was sleeping. In order to rule out any issues there, I was moved to another room for a Non-Stress test where I was hooked up to monitors for 30 minutes to check the baby and any contractions I might be having. We passed the NST with no issues but the doctor was concerned about my blood work. The signs they have continued to look for with preeclampsia are slowing creeping in and he has said at this point it's just a matter of days before you have it. There is really no way to avoid it at this point. They are keeping a close eye on my kidney function because of high uric acid in my blood work....and my continued high blood pressure even after all this rest the past few days. My swelling is maintaining and not really improving even after a night's rest and I'm starting to get headaches that are not resolved with medicine. I am going back on Wednesday to see what the next steps are and until then just continuing rest at home unless of course anything sudden happens in the meantime.
Here are a few pics of my Non Stress test.....


No comments:

Post a Comment