Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Praise during our storms......

I don't even know where to start....Most of you have been following the past few days with us..what a whirlwind of emotions and unknowns. While we know that God's timing is perfect in all things, sometimes it's easier said than done to have faith in the midst of strong storms. We could not have survived the past few days without each of you.... your loving messages of hope and encouragement did more for us than anything. It means more than any of you will ever understand to know that we are surrounded by people who we not only consider family and friends but dear loved ones in a community that surrounds us. We are both forever grateful for everything...the offers of help, the visits at the hospital, the phone calls just to say hello...it helped us to not think, to live outside the moment and to breathe even if just for a moment. The whole experience was summed up best for me in a moment of weakness I had. After a long 24 hours of no sleep, I was finally given a break by Adam's family to leave the hospital and go home for a minute on Sunday afternoon...I was scared but so hopeful all at once...Adam was still bad and not showing improvement just yet and I just prayed. I prayed out loud in my car...I cried out to God to heal him in ways that we had not yet seen. I asked God to take this crutch from him and to allow him to finally be free from all of this. Free of hurt and constant health issues. And if it was not in His plan to completely heal him just yet, that He would show us ways to use this crutch to help others. To show the ability that God has to turn any situation into a positive even though we may not see it in the midst of our trial. To use our story and Adam's perseverance and incredible faith to help those who might be doubting their own. I was on my way back to the hospital for the "night" shift and suddenly this song came on the radio-I had heard it 10,000 times before but never ever truly heard it's message until that moment. The moment the chorus came on, I began weeping so hard it was hard to drive. But I was weeping not out of sorrow but with renewed strength. I came back and sat in my car in the parking lot at Mercy hospital and wept in joy and cried out the lyrics to the song in my car knowing that God would carry us through this storm and bring us to a stronger place on the other side. Just as He has so faithfully a million times before. I think my favorite line says it all....
"Every tear I've cried You hold in your hand, you've never left my side and though my heart is torn....I will praise you in this storm."

Praise You in This Storm
words by Mark Hall/music by Mark Hall and Bernie Herms
I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls

I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.

Chorus:
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on
if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away

Chorus

I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth


We are not out of the woods yet...Adam and I are finally home late on Tuesday night but he still has a lot of healing to do. Continued medications as well as treatment for severe anemia is in order now as well as a bland diet and rest rest rest. I am exhausted and Liam is a bit mad at mommy for not sleeping more...he's fine-it just means he's off his sleep pattern a bit but we'll get back on track.
We are still in prayer over what the next step is with Adam's new position at CMS-obviously his job is still fine however he has to travel for training for the next 2 weeks into Rochester, NY and is supposed to fly out Friday...we're taking things day by day until we figure it out.
We can't thank you all enough-words cannot say enough....
Just know that we are praying for an outpouring of blessings for each of you....and
Love in Him,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. we've been praying for you guys since John got your text response on Sunday> so glad you are home -- we are here for whatever you need.
    Lauren and John

    ReplyDelete