Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 16, 2009

Drumroll please........

I'm back after a whirlwind 2 weekends of travel around one huge announcement. Adam and I were blessed to have an early screening ultrasound at 16 weeks...we were so excited to finally see our little peanut for longer than 5 seconds. It was 40 minutes of pure joy! I've never been more overwhelmed with emotion than I was that day...nervous about possible defects but peanut was perfect. The greatest surprise of all was the moment that the technician said "do you want to know the sex?" We didn't think we'd be able to find out so early and we were holding out until Thanksgiving time to find out and tell everyone. Of course!!! Of course we want to know!
Immediately without even a wince she said "You've definitely got a little boy there!" A BOY???? oh my! Everyone was so convinced it was a girl.....I've never been so amazed and happy and scared all at once. Katie was with us again that day and immediately gave me the cutest little boy onesie out of her purse. What a moment!!! We sat together holding hands for the next 30 minutes in awe of our son. To be able to finally say those words is amazing....God is sooooo good and he has blessed us with a little boy! We watched him dance around my belly...we saw his strong hands, his itty bitty nose, his pouty bottom lip...our son is beautiful.
We have decided to name him William Brafman Phillips and we'll call him Liam for short.
William is my father's name and Brafman is a middle name passed from Adam's grandfather onto him and now onto Liam.
I can't wait to meet you baby boy....You're going to be so handsome....just like your daddy!
I love you Liam!


3 comments:

  1. congratulations on you baby boy!!!! you will love being a mommy to a little boy!!!! praise God for a healthy baby and mommy too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your boy! Boys are tons of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats guys!!! You know we love us some baby boys! We can't wait to welcome little Liam into this world. Love the name, by the way. Yaaayy!!!

    ReplyDelete