Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 19, 2009

So Incredibly Blessed......


I've been struggling the past few weeks....the hardest part of my first trimester has been they way I've been feeling. More than anything I'm just exhausted all the time...I'm so used to having loads of energy. Also, the morning sickness aka afternoon sickness aka evening sickness has been pretty rough. I haven't yet been sick to my stomach *knock on wood* but just nauseous all day everyday. I should now own stock in candied ginger from Trader Joe's, ginger ale, saltines, Tums, Maalox and the ever stylish Sea Bands to wear on my wrists. It's been super tough on me so I know it's been super tough on Adam. I am so grateful for my husband. He hasn't complained yet...he has just picked up where I am not able to. Somehow magically where I would normally do all of our laundry, it's folded and put away before I know it. I came home one day to find a little magic wonder from heaven vacuuming our floors...my new friend, Rumba! A huge help when I'm asleep on the couch after a long day at work and the last thing I want to think about is how much dog hair I need to clean up. Dinner cooked, dogs fed, "Honey, sit down, relax and let me handle things." All of this considered, he still hurts, he still has EDS everyday all day...but for now, the baby and I are number one is his book and he's willing to put his pain and frustrations aside to help me out when I am not able.
I really thought how can it get any better, how can I deserve so much when I'm able to do so little right now.
Well it got better....the other part of these past few weeks is suddenly out of nowhere, I find myself struggling to fit into my clothes....not near maternity clothes yet but certainly not able to button my normal size pants....that's hard on a girl when you're already feeling sick and yucky!
Leave it to Adam....I walk in after work last week, he's cooking dinner.."Honey, there may or may not be a little gift for you in that closet over there! I'm just sayin'..." I squealed in joy! What could he have done???
I opened up a bag full of goodies.....A gorgeous brand spankin' new pair of black flats for work, 3 really cute and colorful shirts to help me transition out of old clothes and into my new body, my first maternity tank top to help me layer into the fall season and the gift of all gifts, my Bella Band! It's been such a blessing to still be able to wear my old pants to work that I love without having to worry about the pressure on my growing belly because the stretchy band is holding them in place for me! Best product ever! I'll get plenty of use from it as I continue to grow this little munchkin' as well as post-baby body while I'm trying to transition back to my old clothes....
You've outdone yourself baby....I am in awe of you every single day...your energy, your strength, your supportive nature, your kind words that make me feel gorgeous in the midst of all these crazy changes happening...You're gonna be one hell of a father. You make me proud to call you my partner in crime.
I appreciate it and I know our little peanut does too... 

PS.....I have not gotten near as big as the belly in the picture....do not be fooled readers, I'm not quite there yet!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you love that thing? I wear mine all the time with my work pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the blog world!! saw your post on facebook! i am excited to read your blog and watch your baby grow!! what a blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete